- Orthopedic Services
- Therapy & On-Site Services
- Our Physicians
- Patient Resources
- About Us
KSF Hand Therapy was established in 1996 to provide specialized therapy services to patients with hand and upper extremity diagnoses.
The primary goal in hand therapy is to provide quality care to our patients and return them to maximum functional ability.
Hand therapy is the art and science of rehabilitation of the upper extremity of the human body. Utilizing specialized skills in assessment and treatment, hand therapists offer a comprehensive rehabilitation service for patients who have had disease or injury to the upper extremity which impedes overall daily function.
Hand Therapists are occupational or physical therapists who through continuing education and experience have established proficency in treatment of upper extremity diagnoses. Board Certified Hand Therapists have met professional standards set by the Hand Therapy Certification Commission.
Our Hand Therapy department has a combined 40 years of hand therapy experitse.
Our Hand Therapy facility utilizes state of the art equipment including customized splinting materials, specialized wound care area, the Greenleaf Evaluation System, and the Baltimore Therapeutic Equipment Work Simulator for functional and work simulated activities of daily living
We treat patients with diagnoses such as but not limited to:
- Hand, wrist, and elbow fractures (conservative and post-surgical).
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and other compression syndromes.
- Lateral and medial epicondylitis.
- Dequervains tenosynovitis.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Congenital or acquired deformities of the hand, wrist, and elbow.
- Crush injuries of the finger, hand and wrist.
Our services include:
- Patient evaluation and individualized treatment program.
- Splinting and orthotic training.
- Specially tailored exercise for individual diagnosis.
- Wound Care.
- Work Injury Rehabilitation.
- Impairment Ratings for injured workers.
- Home Programs.
Each patient’s treatment is individualized to their specific diagnosis and needs. We have created specific protocol guidelines for each diagnosis to assure excellent continuity of care. Weekly patient care meetings are held with hand surgeons, physician assistants and hand therapists so every patient is guaranteed a review of their personalized treatment plan.
All of this amounts to the best possible quality care for our patients. Hand Therapists working closely with the Hand Surgeons provide the most complete professional and experienced orthopedic care.
Be assured KSF Hand Therapy is your best choice for upper extremity orthopedic care in Northwest Houston.