Patient Care Philosophy
My goal is to provide extraordinary, compassionate, highly-effective, and timely care and treatment for your spinal injuries. I want to help improve your quality of life, reduce or eliminate your pain, and improve your function so you can enjoy and make the most of your life. I will be honest and straightforward with you. My clinical research was focused on achieving optimal outcomes, minimizing complications, and enhancing recovery to help you feel better and return to your home as soon as safely possible.
To learn more about our spinal injuries specialist and orthopedic doctor’s method, call us today. We are proud to offer our services to The Woodlands, TX; Cypress, TX and areas in between Houston, TX.
Dr. Christopher Hulen is an Orthopedic Spine surgeon who specializes in treating degenerative, traumatic, deformity-related, inflammatory, infectious, and tumor-related problems of the spine. Originally from the Gulf Coast of Florida, he graduated from the University of Miami’s Honors Program in Medical Education with a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology and earned his medical degree at the University of Miami’s Miller School of Medicine before completing his Orthopedic Surgery residency at the University of Miami’s Miami Project to Cure Paralysis. Dr. Hulen also served as a staff orthopedic surgeon for the Jackson Health System, including Ryder Trauma Center, and participated in the residency teaching program while completing his research fellowship. To further enhance his spine surgery expertise, Dr. Hulen completed a fellowship in Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine at William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan. Dr. Hulen is a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery. He has been practicing Orthopedic Spine Surgery since 2007.
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honors Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association
- Harris County Medical Association
Honors and Awards
- Winner of the 2004 Scoliosis Research Society Russell Hibbs Award in Clinical Science
- National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) Back Pain Recognition Program Recognized Physician 12/13/2009- 12/13/2013.
- Steinlauf SD, Stricker SJ, Hulen CA. Juvenile Tillaux fracture simulating syndesmosis separation. Foot and Ankle International 19: 332-335, 1998.
- Hulen CA, Temple HT, Fox WP, Sama AA, Green BA, and Eismont FJ. Oncologic and Functional Outcome Following Sacrectomy for Sacral Chordoma. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2006; 88:1532-1539.
- Hulen CA, Herkowitz HN. Congenital spinal stenosis: Review, Pitfalls, and Pearls of Management. Semin Spine Surg 2007;19:177-186.
- Hulen CA. Non-operative treatment of low back pain. Semin Spine Surg 2008. Semin Spine Surg 2008; 20:102-112.
- Hulen CA. A review of the significance, indications, techniques, and outcomes of revision lumbar laminectomy surgery. Semin Spine Surg 2008; 20:270-276.
- Hulen CA, Crowder TC, Herkowitz H: Subaxial and Cervicothoracic Spine Fractures and Dislocations. American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons Web site: Orthopedic Knowledge Online 2010;8(2): https://www5.aaos.org/. Accessed January 27, 2010.