Dr. David Q. Sun
Why He Chose Joint Replacement as a Specialty
Cypress, TX | Houston, TX | The Woodlands, TX
Joint replacement surgery is one of the most successful operations in orthopedics because a good clinical outcome can be achieved. There is no better feeling of accomplishment than seeing a patient walk for the first time in years after debilitating chronic arthritis.
Dr. Sun’s Mission Statement
I am a conservative orthopedic surgeon who values the physician-patient relationship. I believe in coming up with a personalized treatment plan together with patients and trying all non-operative options before considering surgery. I want to be there for the patient every step of the way from his/her first clinic visit to appointments years after joint replacement surgery. My goal is to be every patient’s life-long physician.
To learn more about Dr. Sun’s methods of being an orthopedic surgeon, call our facilities today for a consultation. KSF Orthopedic Center is proud to serve the Greater Houston, TX area including Cypress, TX and the Woodlands, TX.
Dr. Sun received his undergraduate degree in Biology from the University of Texas at Austin. He graduated with his Medical Degree from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, and then went on to complete his Orthopedic Residency at Baylor College of Medicine and Fellowship training at the University of Pennsylvania.
Professional Society Memberships
- Texas Medical Association, 2010- present
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, 2013-present
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, 2016-present
- International Congress for Joint Reconstruction, 2016-present
Springwoods Village Office
Red Oak Office
- Pelvic Discontinuity
- Patellofemoral Arthroplasty
- Lawson A.B. Copley, MD, MBA; Major Alison Kinsler, MD; Taylor Gheen, BBA; Adam Shar, MD; David Sun, BS; Richard Browne, Ph.D. The Impact of Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines Applied by a Multidisciplinary Team for the Care of Children with Osteomyelitis J Bone Joint Surg Am, 2013 Apr 17; 95 (8): 686 -693
- CopleyLA, Barton T, Garcia C, Sun D, Gaviria-Agudelo C, Gheen WT, Browne RH. A proposed scoring system for assessment of the severity of illness in pediatric acute hematogenous osteomyelitis using objective clinical and laboratory findings. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2014 Jan;33(1):35-41.
- Tuason DA, Gheen T, Sun D, Huang R, Copley L. Clinical and laboratory parameters associated with multiple surgeries in children with acute hematogenous osteomyelitis. J Pediatr Orthop. 2014 Jul-Aug;34(5):565-70