TELEMEDICINE VIRTUAL CLINICS
THANK YOU FOR ACCESSING KSF ORTHOPAEDIC CENTER’S TELEMEDICINE
We are excited to be able to “virtually” consult directly with you face-to-face by video conference.
You will need a cell phone, iPad, tablet or PC with a camera to participate. You will also need a scheduled appointment to access any of our doctors via telemedicine.
*Please note that video quality is often much better on a mobile device; with that being said, if you are able to connect with us via mobile, we encourage you do opt for a mobile option instead of desktop.
To schedule your telemedicine appointment, please call 281-440-6960. We thank you in advance for your patience during this time, as telemedicine is new to us as well.
Please download and complete your Informed Consent form here.
To connect with us, please note the following “How To”.
HOW TO CONNECT VIA TELEMEDICINE:
- If you are connecting via desktop, connect through Chrome or Firefox, or if you are connecting using a mobile device, connect through Safari
- Scroll down until you see your doctor
- Click on the link to their virtual clinic
- Enter the name of the patient as given to the appointment’s desk
- You will be asked to enable the camera and microphone- enable both
- You will be entered into their virtual clinic- feel free to explore the page while you wait to be connected. There, you can find helpful tips and tricks, find links to our social media pages, or find answers to your questions via our FAQs blurb.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
Please join your doctor’s virtual clinic 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment. If you are more than 5 minutes late to your scheduled telemedicine appointment, please note that you may be considered a “no show” for your appointment.
QUESTIONS & SUPPORT FOR TELEMEDICINE:
If your doctor has not joined the virtual clinic 10 minutes after your scheduled appointment time, or if you are having difficulty connecting between this website and your doctor’s virtual clinic, please contact our appointment desk at 281-440-6960.
Once your appointment is booked, you will receive an email with an Informed Consent and any other necessary forms along with instructions on how to fill out and upload to our patient portal. You will also receive the link to your virtual waiting room.